Skip to Main Content

Greenwich Hospital

Images

Greenwich Hospital

Engraving
1828

The hospital was established by Royal Charter in 1694 as a home for retired seamen of the Royal Navy. The first Pensioners arrived in 1705 and the last left in 1869. The Royal Naval College made use of the Hospital's original buildings from 1873 until 1998, after which a charitable foundation was given a lease on the site..

Information

Additional information

Reference
ID257
Image type
Published
1828
Author
Cooke, G, Stanfield, C

Copyright

Source
Cooke, G.: Views in London and its vicinity, 1834
Credit
Institution of Civil Engineers

Unless otherwise credited, all the images on this site are © Institution of Civil Engineers. Please note we do not permit the publication of low resolution images copied from our website.

Our friendly and experienced team in the ICE Lbrary can provide a range of photographic material to suit your requirements. We do receive a large volume of requests but will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

Download


Request high-res image

Existing high resolution images are usually supplied via our download facility and are subject to reproduction fees.

Please complete this form to order JPEG images and reference prints for study, teaching or personal use.