Skip to Main Content

Part of Waterloo Bridge with the Shot Tower in 1832

Images

Part of Waterloo Bridge with the Shot Tower in 1832

Engraving
1832

The Shot Tower had been constructed in 1826 and was part of Lambeth Lead Works. It existed until well into the 20th century, when it was used as a radio beacon during the 1951 Festival of Britain, and was eventually demolished to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Hall (South Bank Centre), which opened in 1967..

Information

Additional information

Reference
ID246
Image type
Published
1832
Author
Cooke, G.

Copyright

Source
Cooke, G.: Views in London and its vicinity, 1834
Credit
Institution of Civil Engineers

Unless otherwise credited, all the images on this site are © Institution of Civil Engineers. Please note we do not permit the publication of low resolution images copied from our website.

Our friendly and experienced team in the ICE Lbrary can provide a range of photographic material to suit your requirements. We do receive a large volume of requests but will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

Download


Request high-res image

Existing high resolution images are usually supplied via our download facility and are subject to reproduction fees.

Please complete this form to order JPEG images and reference prints for study, teaching or personal use.