Skip to Main Content

Hammersmith Suspension Bridge

Images

Hammersmith Suspension Bridge

Engraving
1827

Design and executed by William Tierney Clark and opened in 1827, the bridge was too narrow to take later traffic. It was replaced in 1887 by the present bridge, for which Sir Joseph Bazalgette was engineer.

Information

Additional information

Reference
ID236
Image type
Published
1827
Author
Cooke, G., Harding, J.D.

Copyright

Source
Cooke, G.: Views in London and its vicinity, 1834
Credit
Institution of Civil Engineers

Unless otherwise credited, all the images on this site are © Institution of Civil Engineers. Please note we do not permit the publication of low resolution images copied from our website.

Our friendly and experienced team in the ICE Lbrary can provide a range of photographic material to suit your requirements. We do receive a large volume of requests but will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

Download


Request high-res image

Existing high resolution images are usually supplied via our download facility and are subject to reproduction fees.

Please complete this form to order JPEG images and reference prints for study, teaching or personal use.