Skip to Main Content

Exeter Change, the Strand

Images

Exeter Change, the Strand

Engraving
1820s

Built 1676 and demolished in 1829, the Exchange was known for the menagerie which occupied its upper floors for the last 50 years of its existence.

Information

Additional information

Reference
ID232
Image type
Published
1820s
Author
Cooke, G.

Copyright

Source
Cooke, G.: Views in London and its vicinity, 1834
Credit
Institution of Civil Engineers

Unless otherwise credited, all the images on this site are © Institution of Civil Engineers. Please note we do not permit the publication of low resolution images copied from our website.

Our friendly and experienced team in the ICE Lbrary can provide a range of photographic material to suit your requirements. We do receive a large volume of requests but will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

Download


Request high-res image

Existing high resolution images are usually supplied via our download facility and are subject to reproduction fees.

Please complete this form to order JPEG images and reference prints for study, teaching or personal use.