St. Dunstan's in the East

St. Dunstan's in the East

A view from the Custom House in 1828. The church had been re-opened only 7 years before after requiring reconstruction. Originally a medieval structure, it was badly damaged during the Blitz and the ruins developed into a public garden, opened in 1971. The tower and steeple were designed by Sir Christopher Wren and added 1695-1701, following damage to the church during the Great Fire of London.

Engraving by G Cooke from drawing by E W Cooke

Image ID :
2578448
Image type :
Engraving
Published :
1828
Author :
Cooke, G, Cooke, E W
Collection :
Source :
Cooke, G.: Views in London and its vicinity, 1834
Credit :
Institution of Civil Engineers
Image added on 24 APRIL 2013
Resolution
RAW size
Download
Small
116 x 168 px (96dpi)
8 Kb
Medium
276 x 400 px (96dpi)
46 Kb
Resolution
RAW size
Large
1255 x 1818 px (300dpi)
974 Kb

Enter your details below to request for a higher resolution copy of the image.

Please note: Reproduction fees may be charged.