Part of Waterloo Bridge with the Shot Tower in 1832

Part of Waterloo Bridge with the Shot Tower in 1832

The Shot Tower had been constructed in 1826 and was part of Lambeth Lead Works. It existed until well into the 20th century, when it was used as a radio beacon during the 1951 Festival of Britain, and was eventually demolished to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Hall (South Bank Centre), which opened in 1967.

Engraving

Image ID :
2578445
Image type :
Engraving
Published :
1832
Author :
Cooke, G.
Collection :
Source :
Cooke, G.: Views in London and its vicinity, 1834
Credit :
Institution of Civil Engineers
Image added on 24 APRIL 2013
Resolution
RAW size
Download
Small
124 x 168 px (96dpi)
7 Kb
Medium
295 x 400 px (96dpi)
40 Kb
Resolution
RAW size
Large
1710 x 2319 px (300dpi)
1.69 MB

Enter your details below to request for a higher resolution copy of the image.

Please note: Reproduction fees may be charged.